Dutch Oven Beef and Noodle Casserole
This satisfying one pot meal is perfect for chilly evenings.
Recipe adapted from wholefoodsmarket.com
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 (10.0-ounce) package egg noodles, preferably whole wheat
2 cups shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 (28.0-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Heat a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Add beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
3. Add onions, salt and pepper, and stir well.
4. Spread uncooked noodles evenly over the top, then sprinkle cheese over noodles.
5. Pour the can of tomatoes, with their juice, over the cheese and noodles.
6. Tightly cover pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 1 hour.
7. Uncover pot, set aside for 5 minutes then serve.