PAN SEARED GARLIC CHICKEN
For this recipe, use a thawed piece of chicken, not a frozen one.
Recipe courtesy of 101cookingfortwo.com
2 Skinless Boneless Chicken breasts - Well trimmed.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic - minced
1 Fresh Lemon (optional)
1. Trim and pat dry chicken breasts. Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
2. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan and heat over medium-high heat until shimmery. Add 2 cloves of crushed or minced garlic and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat, tilt pan and remove the garlic leaving the oil in the pan. Place the pan back over the medium-high heat.
3. Add salt and pepper to your cutlets to taste, and place them in your sizzling pan.
4. Sear for about 4-5 minutes on the smooth size until it begins browning. You may add a squirt of lemon at this point.
5. Remove from heat, flip chicken and spread bloomed garlic over the breasts evenly. Transfer pan to oven and roast until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165. This will be about 20 minutes depending on the size of the breast.